This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for feeding a hungry crowd quickly and easily. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a casual get-together where you use these as appetizers, your guests won’t be able to stop at just one!
Chicken Buffalo Sliders Recipe
I love any thing buffalo chicken flavor (hello, this delicious buffalo chicken dip). But these tiny hand-held buffalo chicken sliders take this yummy flavor to the next level! Their small size makes them ideal to serve as an appetizer with other hand-held bites. But we also love eating a few of these and calling it dinner.
Combining the buffalo sauce with the creamy ranch makes the heat pretty mild, so even my youngest taste tester loved this recipe. But if you’re looking for a spicy kick, add some habanero hot sauce to kick it up a notch!
Ingredients in Buffalo Sliders
And just like that, you have made a recipe that everyone will be raving about! See the full recipe in the recipe card below.
- Hawaiian Dinner Rolls: Look for the ones that come in packages of 12.
- Shredded Chicken: I love to use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this meal quick and easy.
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce: This is my preferred brand because the flavor is right. It’s tangy and not too spicy. Or, you can make it from scratch using this Homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe.
- Ranch Dressing: This keeps the heat nice and mild. Try my homemade ranch dressing recipe if you want it extra delicious!
- White Cheddar Cheese: Pre-shredded cheese works great for these sliders.
- Veggies: I like to use green onions, matchstick carrots, and celery for this recipe, but you can substitute them for a coleslaw mix if that’s easier!
- Butter: Use salted butter for the best flavor.
- Garlic Powder and Dried Onion Flakes: Mixing this with the melted butter adds some flavor to the top of the buffalo chicken sliders.
- Blue Cheese: Add this to the top as a garnish.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These sliders are incredibly simple to make. I used mostly store-bought ingredients so you can whip these up in minutes.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the Rolls: Cut the rolls in half to have a top and bottom piece. Place the bottom half in a baking dish.
- Make Chicken Mix: Add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, green onions, carrots, and celery to a large bowl. Stir to combine, then spread evenly over the buns in the baking dish.
- Add Cheese: Top with the shredded white cheddar cheese, then place on the top half of the buns.
- Brush: Add the butter to a small microwavable bowl. Heat until melted, then mix in the onion flakes and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture over the buns using a basting brush.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish with foil, then bake it for 15 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the buffalo chicken sliders are hot, the cheese is melted, and the tops of the buns are golden.
- Add Garnish: Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and additional green onion if desired. Then, cut into individual sliders and serve immediately.
You can take these Buffalo Chicken Sliders to the next level with all sorts of variations!
- Homemade Rolls and Sauce: Take these sliders to the next level by making homemade Hawaiian sweet rolls. You can even try making your own buffalo sauce and ranch dressing!
- Dip: Buffalo flavor and blue cheese go amazingly well together. Try using blue cheese dressing instead of ranch.
- Cheese: Swap the white cheddar for mozzarella, cheddar, jack, or any other melty cheese.
- Coleslaw: Swap out the carrots and celery for 1 cup of coleslaw mix if you prefer.
Prep Ahead of Time
Because the buns will go soggy, I recommend enjoying these buffalo chicken sliders right away. To prep the sliders ahead of time, you can get all the ingredients ready to go. Once you have the ingredients prepped then assembling these buffalo chicken sliders is a breeze!
- Slice the buns in half.
- Mix the chicken with the buffalo sauce and ranch.
- Shred the cheese.
- Melt and prepare the butter mixture.
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut the rolls in half so you have a top and bottom piece. Place the bottom half in a baking dish.
Add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, green onions, carrots, and celery to a large bowl. Stir to combine then spread evenly over the buns in the baking dish.
Top with the shredded white cheddar cheese then place on the top half of the buns.
Add the butter to a small microwavable bowl. Heat until melted then mix in the onion flakes and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture over the buns using a basting brush.
Cover the baking dish with foil then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the sliders are hot, the cheese is melted, and the tops of the buns are golden.
Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and additional green onion if desired. Cut into individual sliders and serve immediately.
Updated on January 2, 2023
Calories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 532mgPotassium: 194mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1234IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.