This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A classic fall treat made into a dip to share! In this caramel apple dip recipe, butter, caramels, and condensed milk get melted together to create the most indulgent treat. It’s heavenly!
Caramel Dip for Apples
This caramel apple dip is the perfect way to upgrade an already tasty fruit! It’s made with butter, caramel, sweetened condensed milk, and a hint of vanilla for that extra yummy kick. You can dip apple slices or pour it on desserts—it’s super easy to make and lasts in the fridge for weeks. A simple, delicious treat for snacking anytime!
Trust me when I say this caramel apple dip is one recipe you’ll want to have on repeat this fall. It’s just so good! It has the perfect consistency, not too thick and not too thin. Just smooth and luscious thanks to the butter and sweetened condensed milk! (Any dessert with condensed milk is a win in my book.) For those times when you want to treat yourself to something sweet and indulgent, this dip is the way to go. Go ahead and make yourself some, you can thank me later!
4-Ingredient Caramel Dip
Let’s take a look at the 4 simple ingredients you need to make caramel apple dip! They make it so luscious and tasty. Looking for measurements? They’re all in the recipe card below.
- Butter: Adds creamy richness and a buttery flavor to the dip.
- Caramel Candies: Add the sweet, caramel flavor that makes the dip so delicious. You can also use caramel sauce, but I prefer using caramel candies to make the dip a little bit thicker.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Gives the dip a smooth and thick consistency while also adding sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: So the dip has a warm vanilla flavor that complements the sweetness of the caramel.
What to Serve Caramel Apple Dip With
Sliced apples are an obvious choice, but some other great options are graham crackers, cookies, and pretzels!
How to Make It
Caramel apple dip is so easy to make and takes less than 10 minutes. It’s the perfect last-minute dessert that everyone will love!
- Add Ingredients to Saucepan: Place the butter, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Melt and Stir: Heat and stir frequently until the caramel and butter melt. Stir continuously until the caramel dip is creamy and smooth.
- Add Vanilla Extract: Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cool: Allow the dip to cool before enjoying it with apple slices or drizzled on top of desserts!
- Store for Later: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
If you love adding extra mix-ins, you’re in the right place! Here are some fun and delicious ways to switch up your caramel apple dip.
- Toffee Dip: Mix in some crushed toffee bits for some crunch! Heath bits are my favorite because they add a little chocolatey goodness, too.
- Salted Caramel Dip: Add a pinch of coarse salt to balance out the sweetness in your caramel apple dip.
- Pumpkin Spice Dip: Want a dip that’s perfect for all of your fall gatherings? Mix in some pumpkin pie spice! Apple pie spice is another great option.
Storing Leftover Caramel Apple Dip
My kids love when we have leftovers of this caramel apple dip. All you need are some sliced apples and you have the perfect quick and easy snack!
- In the Refrigerator: Store caramel dip in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Serve Warm: When you’re ready to enjoy it again, you can warm the dip in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until warmed through and softened.
Pin this now to find it later
Place the butter, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Heat and stir frequently until the caramel and butter melt. Stir continuously until the caramel dip is creamy and smooth.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Allow the dip to cool before enjoying it with apple slices or drizzled on top of desserts!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Serving: 0.25cupCalories: 411kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 6gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 250mgPotassium: 272mgSugar: 53gVitamin A: 503IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 198mgIron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.