This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff is a creamy and delicious fluff salad made with cranberries and walnuts. It is so easy to make and a MUST for the holidays!
This is always a favorite side dish during the holidays! If you love fruit salads as much as I do try this Christmas Fruit Salad, The Best Winter Fruit Salad, Very Berry Cheesecake Salad or Creamy Poppyseed Fruit Salad.
Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Do you have your menu planned out yet? Put this Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff on the menu. It is a MUST! So easy and delicious. It has a creamy, tangy flavor that’s a perfect contrast to all of your savory Thanksgiving dishes.
I decided to add a little twist to normal fluff. Adding some cream cheese to help thicken it up and give it the cheesecake flavor took this fluff to a whole different level. It seriously blew my mind! You will LOVE the flavors blended together to make one irresistible cranberry cheesecake fluff recipe!
Ingredients for Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff
The best part about this dessert salad is that it is so easy to make. You pulse some fresh cranberries, walnuts, and crushed pineapple together in a food processor. Then you blend cream cheese and heavy whipping cream together, fold in the pulsed cranberry, and voila! A delicious fruity side that everyone will love. Note: measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Fresh Cranberries: Flavorful, tart and sweet. If you can’t find fresh cranberries, frozen will also work. Just make sure they’re thawed before you use them.
- Sugar: Just regular white sugar so your fluff has a little extra sweetness.
- Pineapple: Crushed and canned.
- Walnuts: Chopped up for some delicious texture in each bite.
- Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows are a must add to any dessert salad!
- Cream Cheese: So the texture of the fluff turns out smooth and creamy.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The base of the fluff. I recommend chilling your cream beforehand, this will help it whip up more easily.
Let’s Make Cranberry Fluff Salad!
I fell in love with this fluff with the first bite. Creamy, cool and absolutely delicious. The flavors together blend so well! Easy to make and always a hit for the holidays.
- Blend Ingredients Together: In a food processor or blender, combine cranberries, 1 cup sugar, crushed pineapple, and walnuts. Pulse until coarsely chopped without becoming mushy.
- Let Chill: Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
- Beat the Creams Together: In a medium bowl add the cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat with the cream cheese until stiff peaks form.
- Gently Add in Cranberries and Marshmallows: Fold the cranberries and marshmallows into the salad mixture.
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Then serve and enjoy!
Customize Your Fluff
It’s easy to add a little more or a little less to this cranberry cheesecake fluff recipe. Tweak it so it’s just the way you like it!
- Fruit: Substitute or add in canned mandarin oranges, frozen cranberries, cherries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes or diced apples.
- Nuts: Pecans, cashews, or almond slices are great mixed in for some crunch.
- Cranberry: Craisins, canned cranberries, frozen cranberries or cranberry sauce work as a substitute for the fresh cranberries.
- Creamy Mix-ins: Try cool whip, sour cream or Greek yogurt for a different texture each time you make it.
Tips and Tricks
My family always devours this cranberry cheesecake fluff before anything else is touched. The perfect dessert before dessert! Here are a few ways to make sure it turns out perfectly. (Not that it’s hard to mess up. This recipe is foolproof!)
- To Blend: A food processor works best to mix and chop all the ingredients. A blender will do the same.
- Make it Lighter: Looking for a lighter version? Skip the heavy cream and try Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt instead.
- Pineapple: Fresh or canned pineapple both work great.
- Add a Topping: Before serving, add cranberries and pecans over top of the cranberry cheesecake fluff.
- Personal Servings: It’s fun for the holidays to serve these in mini trifle jars or small bowls to make it extra special.
Cranberry cheesecake fluff is best served chilled and right away. Once you blend and combine all the ingredients together, let it rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. If you have any leftovers, it’s best to put them back in the fridge as soon as possible so your salad retains its delicious texture.
- In the Refrigerator: Place in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap tightly. It will stay good in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours.
- Can You Make Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff Ahead of Time? Yes! Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days before serving. When ready to serve, simply add it to your Thanksgiving table.
- Can I Freeze Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff? I wouldn’t recommend it. Unfortunately, this is not a great side dish to freeze. Ice crystals sometimes form in the whipped cream and tend to break it down.
Pin this now to find it later
In a food processor or blender, combine cranberries, 1 cup sugar, crushed pineapple, and walnuts. Pulse until coarsely chopped without becoming mushy. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
In a medium bowl add the cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat with the cream cheese until stiff peaks form. Fold the cranberries and marshmallows into the salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
Originally Posted on November 15, 2015
Calories: 572kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 5gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 125mgPotassium: 187mgFiber: 3gSugar: 52gVitamin A: 1295IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.