This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Get ready to savor a delicious meal with my easy Crockpot White Chicken Chili recipe! Simply combine chopped onions, garlic, spices, rotisserie chicken, green chiles, beans, and chicken broth in your slow cooker. This hearty dish promises a delightful blend of flavors and textures that make the perfect meal!
Chili, soup, and stews are best for those chilly fall and winter nights. Try some more of my favorites that you can add to your rotation all season long! This Tuscan Vegetable Chicken Stew, this classic Chicken Noodle Soup or this Brunswick Stew that is a delicious cross between a stew and chili.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
I’m sure you have all tasted some white chicken chili at a neighborhood gathering or even cookoff event. And yes, I’m sure they were delicious but… I am here to tell you that you have never tasted one as good as this!
Not only is this crockpot white chicken chili easy to make but it is packed with all sorts of flavors that pack a punch. Top of off with some avocados, cilantro and jalapeños and it will really take this chili to the next level. I love serving it with some homemade cornbread or delicious 1-Hour Rolls and this meal will be on rotation all season long!
Ingredients in White Chicken Chili
These ingredients are some of my favorites. The garlic with the coriander and cumin brings in a lot of great taste without making it spicy. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Onion: You can use a yellow or a white onion in this recipe.
- Minced Garlic: I love the flavor that the garlic brings to this dish! In my opinion, you can never have too much garlic!
- Cooked Chicken: To make it easy on myself, I use a rotisserie chicken or canned chicken so that it’s all cooked. All you have to do is shred it up!
- Spices: The ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, and ground black pepper give this chili so much flavor!
- Chicken Broth: Using chicken broth as the base gives this chili a lot more flavor than water would.
- Green Chiles: Is it even a chili recipe without some green chilis?
- Cannellini Beans: Drain and rinse your beans before adding them in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sour Cream: This makes the whole recipe come together and makes it nice and creamy.
Is White Chicken Chili Easy to Make?
Yes! This crockpot white chicken chili recipe is so simple and it’s the best because it just cooks in your slow cooker all day long!
- Combine: Add all the ingredients except for the sour cream to a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook: Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add Sour Cream: When it is done cooking, then stir in the sour cream and let it cook for 10 minutes more until heated through.
- Add Toppings: Serve hot with desired toppings.
Tips and Variations
There are ways to change up this crockpot white chicken chili to make it as spicy (or not spicy) as you want, what beans to use, and suggestions for toppings!
- Dice: Keep your chicken the same bite-sized pieces to cook evenly.
- Should I drain the diced chilis? This recipe calls to drain your green chilies, but I often don’t. I like the extra kick of spice it adds to the broth. There isn’t that much to drain off either, so it’s easier to just dump it all in.
- Heat: If you really want to spice it up, you can use medium or hot chilies or even canned diced jalapenos.
- Toppings: Cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, corn, and tortilla strips are all some of my favorite toppings.
- Beans: I like to use cannellini beans or the smaller great northern beans, but you can also use white kidney beans if you prefer.
How to Cook White Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot
- Combine: Add everything but the sour cream and beans to the pot.
- Cook: Cook on manual for 20 minutes.
- Natural Release: Natural release for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred.
- Heat and Serve: Return to the pot and add beans and sour cream. Allow to heat through for about 15 minutes before serving.
- In the Refrigerator: This white chicken chili will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave in 30-second intervals or on the stovetop over medium head.
- To Freeze: To freeze this chili, cook as directed in the recipe card, except do not add the sour cream. Cool completely and transfer to a large freezer bag or two. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Heat on the stovetop on medium till hot. Add the sour cream, stir till thoroughly mixed, and serve.
Pin this now to find it later
Add all the ingredients except for the sour cream to a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours.
When it is done cooking, stir in the sour cream and let it cook for 10 minutes more until heated through.
Serve hot with desired toppings.
Calories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 17gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1027mgPotassium: 235mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 273IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.