This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Taco dip takes all the tasty flavor of tacos and turns it into a creamy, zesty, easy-to-eat appetizer. Whip this up in 5 minutes with just 4 key ingredients. It is so deliciously addicting and will be the star of the party!
We all love an easy, flavorful dip that pairs well with crackers, veggies, or chips. If you are looking for more tasty dip recipes, give my Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip, 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip or this easy Rotel Dip a try!
Taco Dip Recipe
This taco dip recipe is a simple mix of cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning. Finish with a garnish of olives, tomatoes, green onion, and fresh cilantro! This creamy, enticing chip dip is fresh, flavorful and absolutely irresistible! Always a crowd-pleaser for potlucks, parties, game days, holidays, and Cinco de Mayo.
Not only does this recipe have a fabulous taste, it’s one of the easiest apps to make. And because it’s great served chilled, it’s the perfect make-ahead dish! Serve this with some delicious Air Fryer Tortilla Chips, and I guarantee it will be a new family favorite!
Ingredients in Taco Dip
This taco dip recipe requires minimal ingredients (and you might even already have them all on hand)! It’s one of those dips you’ll turn to again and again. We love to whip it up for game day or family gatherings. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: This is the base of the dip, and the creaminess helps to bind everything together.
- Sour Cream: Adds a lovely tangy flavor and smooth texture to the dip.
- Salsa: Use your favorite store-bought salsa, or better yet, try my homemade restaurant style salsa!
- Taco seasoning: You’ll need 3 tbsp of taco seasoning. This homemade taco seasoning is bursting with flavor, but feel free to use store-bought.
- Garnish: For a pretty presentation and extra texture and flavor, sprinkle a garnish of black olives, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro over the top.
Let’s Make Some Dip!
The 5 minutes that it takes to make this easy taco dip will be well worth your time! It’s effortless and you’re sure to love it! Here’s how:
- Combine Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning. Using an electric hand mixer, blend until creamy.
- Transfer to a Serving Bowl: Then spoon the dip into a serving bowl.
- Add Garnish: Sprinkle sliced olives, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and green onions over the top of the dip.
- Enjoy: Serve with chips and dig in!
What to Serve With Taco Dip
Here are some serving suggestions for what to pair with this taco dip! The best part is that it’s so versatile and goes with just about anything!
- Chips: Tortilla chips are classic, but my family also loves this with corn chips and pita chips!
- Vegetables: Try dipping some freshly-cut veggies in this! I love any with it but my favorites are bell pepper strips or mini sweet peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes!
- Crackers: You can never go wrong with crackers and dip! I especially love Wheat Thins, Triscuits, and Ritz crackers.
- As a Spread: Get creative! Taco dip adds so much deliciousness spread over wraps and sandwiches!
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips and a few ideas on how you can customize this taco dip to make it perfect for you and your guests!
- Adjusting Heat Level: As written this dip is really quite mild. If you are sensitive to heat, be sure to make sure your taco seasoning packet is labeled ‘mild’. On the other hand, if you love spicy food, use ‘hot & spicy’ taco seasoning. You can also add a minced jalapeño to the mix or garnish with sliced jalapeño, or even add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Consistency: For a smoother and creamier texture, ensure that the cream cheese is softened before blending it with the other ingredients. You can leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes so it has the perfect consistency.
- Double the Recipe: This taco dip is a major crowd pleaser and will go quickly! If you’re serving this to a crowd or making it for a party, consider doubling the recipe.
- Chill Time: So the flavors intensify and develop fully, I recommend chilling the dip for at least 30 minutes before serving.
How to Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, they’re easy to store for later! Transfer the dip to an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to about one week. Just give it a good stir when you are ready to eat it again!
Pin this now to find it later
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning. Using an electric hand mixer, blend until creamy.
Spoon the dip into a serving bowl.
Garnish the top of the dip with sliced olives, tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions.
Serve with chips and enjoy!
Serving: 0.25cupCalories: 347kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 6gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 445mgPotassium: 185mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1441IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 116mgIron: 0.3mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.